Women Missionary Society
Julia Hoover Women's Missionary Society
WHAT IS A MISSIONARY?
One of God's chosen who is a caring committed Christian, energized
to do His work through service and sevanthood; by meeting the needs and
concerns of others which encompasses Local to Global Outreach. "Go
ye into all the world…."
We are called to strengthen our faith and sent to continue the ministry
of Jesus Christ by service and witness in the world.
The Julia Hoover Women's Missionary Society is comprised of women and men devoted to serving mankind by spreading the good works of God. The missionaries have formed a number of partnerships with other organizations in the community such as OLSHA's AIDS/HIV outreach program, St. Joseph Mercy Hospital and the HAVEN just to name a few. Other activities include:
- A Friday Outreach Program where those that are less fortunate can receive a hot nutritious meal and assistance where needed.
- Donation of blankets to the Regency Nursing Home, St. Joseph Faith Nursing Program and those in hospice care.
- Visitation each month to the Regency Nursing Home where we fellowship and conduct a worship service with the residents.
- Distribute food baskets weekly
- Participate weekly in prayer conference calls with the Michigan Conference and 4th District of A.M.E. Church
- Acknowledge Breast Cancer Awareness and Domestic Violence Awareness Month with various activities.
- Financially support individuals and/or organizations where needed.